Heavy Equipment Truck Driver
Deliver equipment to customers as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Valid CDL.
· Ability to assist customers in obtaining needed information.
· Three years over-the-road driving experience within the last seven (7) years.
· Two years oversize/overweight experience is preferred.
· General mechanical knowledge of product line, including proper usage, maintenance and safety.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain Company and Department of Transportation required reports.
· Deliver equipment to customers, as required.
· Maintain Company and DOT required logs and records.
· Maintain a professional, business-like appearance at all times when representing the Company.
· Must be able to drive for extended periods of time frequently.
· Employee is occasionally is submitted to high levels of stress.
· Employee is frequently exposed to adverse weather conditions.
· Must be able to exert 100 lbs. of force occasionally and 20 lbs. of force frequently.
· Position requires reaching, grasping, walking, jumping, climbing, bending, kneeling and standing.
· Must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, for contact with customers and co-workers.
General & Other
· Must adhere to all company and department personnel policies and procedures.
· This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other responsibilities as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor or other management as directed.
· Riggs reserves the right to reverse or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Position is subject to extended work hours and be on emergency call out rotation as business dictates.
Current and past performance in department assignments will be considered as a part of the selection process.
Transfers between departments are contingent upon realistic resolution of any vacancy caused by transfer from current department.
Duties may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
SALARY RANGE: Dependent upon experience
All applications must be turned into Human Resources. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
RIGGS is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or veteran's status. RIGGS continues to support this concept and the application information may be used when related to the job in question.